Wonderful with a Winter warmer salad!
You’ve probably realised that John West love tuna! And we want you to love it too. Why not try our quick and delicious warm couscous salad recipe for an exciting way to enjoy your Salad Tuna Fillets?
Ingredients (Serves 2)
2 tins John West Infusions Salad Tuna Fillets with Chilli and Garlic
½ red pepper & ½ yellow pepper, diced
½ red onion, diced
1 tsp olive oil
½ tsp cumin seeds
Pinch of ground turmeric
½ tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
150g giant couscous
1 lemon, ½ squeezed and half cut into wedges
1 tbs chopped fresh coriander
Large handful baby spinach leaves, washed
1) Pre-heat the oven to 190ºC/170ºC fan/Gas 5
2) Place the peppers and onion into a shallow baking tin, drizzle with the oil and sprinkle over the cumin seeds and turmeric. Toss to coat then roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes until starting to brown round the edges.
3) Add the chickpeas to the peppers and onions and return to the oven for a few minutes to warm through.
4) Meanwhile, cook the couscous according to the pack instructions then tip into the tin with the vegetables.
5) Drain the dressing from the tins of tuna into a small bowl and whisk with the juice of half the lemon. Pour over the couscous and vegetables. Add the chopped coriander then stir well.
6) To serve, divide the spinach between two bowls then pile on the warm vegetable couscous mixture. Top with the fillets of tuna and serve with lemon wedges on the side.
Offer terms and conditions
*Offer "Try 1 product for £0.75”: the cashback amounts to the difference between the purchase price and £0.75. Valid for the purchase of 1 product only.
Offer valid from 21/02/2019 at 7:00 to 03/04/2019 at 23:59, and subject to availability (online supermarkets included).
You can request your cashback until 06/04/2019 at 23:59.
Eligible product(s) and Recommended Retail Price (RRP) are as follows:
- John West Infusions Salad Tuna Fillets with a Chilli & Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Dressing 115g (£2.29)
- John West Infusions Salad Tuna Fillets with a Lemon & Thyme Extra Virgin Olive Oil Dressing 115g (£2.29)
- John West Infusions Salad Tuna Fillets with a Basil Extra Virgin Olive Oil Dressing 115g (£2.29)
The RRP is for information only and the actual price is subject to variation across retailers. The maximum refund is calculated by the RRP plus 20% per product.
about 9 hours ago
Another great product from john west. the taste is really tasty and amazing.
about 14 hours ago
I had this with pasta very nice i would possibly buy again
about 17 hours ago
Could use more flavour. was nice but mild
about 20 hours ago
Very good for salads .easy to open tins
1 day ago
Really nice flavour but even using it as a sauce for pasta, there was too much oil
2 days ago
Delicious alternative to other tunas. will be trying the other infusions asap
3 days ago
So much flavour, game changer for tuna lovers
3 days ago
The word 'salad' creates confusion. the image of a tuna salad on the tin doesn't help either. i was expecting tuna salad, the product is tuna fillets in oil. delicious but marketing is deceptive.
3 days ago
I would not buy all the time as flavours limited but was nice with a salad full of flavour
4 days ago
Tastes fresh and perfect with salad